Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20070912

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:21:30 -0400
Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When I call the command window with ':', it appears without the text
> > entry field (Dropdown and Close buttons are there). When I press the
> > dropdown button, _crash_ - pcb disappears!
> >
> > John
>
> wierd.  I'm not able to reproduce this.  I get the entry and no crash.
> Which GUI are you using?  Lesstif or Gtk?  What happens if you go into
> the preferences->general tab and turn off the "separate command window"
> option?
>
> Can you get a back trace on the crash?

Hi Dan.

Another day, no more crashes. I'll try more later today. Maybe they
appear after a while of usage (as they did they other day).

There are a few suspicious messages I hadn't seen because I normally
don't call PCB from a terminal.

1) When opening the 'Open file' dialog, I get four times:

*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

2) When toggling the unit button, I get (not the first time):

(pcb:20034): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_toggle_action_set_active: assertion
`GTK_IS_TOGGLE_ACTION (action)' failed handle_grid_units_change()
get_grid_value_index()
get_grid_value_index()

(pcb:20034): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_toggle_action_set_active: assertion
`GTK_IS_TOGGLE_ACTION (action)' failed

I'll try to re-crash this evening.

Thanks,
John