gEDA-user: Idiot with problem - was - Re: pcb-20070912

I am trying to install the 20090912 version to check if bugs I am
getting are new or fixed ones before I trouble the list with them.
However I am not even bright enough to install the thing.

I am on a debian etch box.

I have make uninstall'ed stuarts ISO version.
I have edited the Makefile in the new sources directory to be the same
path name that the ISO version used.
I run

make install

and after a while I get.

configure: error: libgeda detection error: no package 'libgeda' found.

So I make configure (with the prefix to my install directory) libgeda-1.1.2
Then I make install libgeda-1.1.2

and it does not report any errors.

But when I try to make install geda-gschem-1.1.2

I get the same message as above.

Can someone point out what stupid thing I have done wrong or am missing
in the install instructions.