Re: gEDA-user: Mathematical expressions in gnucap?

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 16:50 -0600, John Doty wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
>

> > The model is to simulate EMF induced in a generator given arbitrary
> > mechanical input.
> >
> > I'm defining the mechanical position input to be a voltage across two
> > terminals (say 1m / V), which I will differentiate to get velocity
> > (say
> > 1m/s / V). (Or I could feed it both velocity and position, rather than
> > worrying about how to differentiate within my model).

> If you have Mathematica, you might want to try the Mathematica
> gnetlist back end in the latest release. You can do *symbolic*
> circuit analysis with it, or move to the numerical domain. The models
> in the package on my site are for linear circuit analysis in the
> complex frequency domain, but you can substitute nonlinear model
> equations (including differential equations) if you wish. For linear
> circuits, numerical transient analysis is extremely fast: it uses FFT
> techniques rather than numerical integration.

I've never used Mathematica, and don't know if the Engineering
department has any licenses. It looks interesting, so I'll investigate
more when I get some free time.

Woo... my "server" box just booted again for the first time in months..
faults were: bad memory stick, clogged CPU heatsink -> overheating, and
a corrupt glibc (thanks to me trying to "fix" it).

;)

Thanks for the pointer.

Peter