Re: gEDA-user: Mathematical expressions in gnucap?

On Sep 18, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> The model is to simulate EMF induced in a generator given arbitrary
> mechanical input.
>
> I'm defining the mechanical position input to be a voltage across two
> terminals (say 1m / V), which I will differentiate to get velocity
> (say
> 1m/s / V). (Or I could feed it both velocity and position, rather than
> worrying about how to differentiate within my model).

If you have Mathematica, you might want to try the Mathematica
gnetlist back end in the latest release. You can do *symbolic*
circuit analysis with it, or move to the numerical domain. The models
in the package on my site are for linear circuit analysis in the
complex frequency domain, but you can substitute nonlinear model
equations (including differential equations) if you wish. For linear
circuits, numerical transient analysis is extremely fast: it uses FFT
techniques rather than numerical integration.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx