Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On Sep 13, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Duncan Drennan wrote:

>> If this test run ok for you, please submit a small schematic
>> showing the
>> error, and I'll try to track it down.
>
> Hi Carlos, thanks for the input, but as John mentioned, this is not
> about a bug in the DRC checker - it is working exactly how I would
> expect it to.
>
> What I would like is a NC symbol which does not create a net
> (unnamed_netX) in the final netlist. I had a quick look through the
> gnet-drc2.scm and saw that you basically skip nets with the NC
> directive attached to them. Is it possible to do the same with the
> actual netlist creator?

There are many actual netlist creators (gnetlist back ends). Some
netlist formats (e.g. Spice) require there to be a net connected to
every pin (one pin nets are perfectly OK in these). So you should
make a feature request for the specific gnetlist back end you use:
this cannot be a general feature.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx