Re: gEDA-user: PCB layout for identical units?

> Is there a way to do the layout for only one unit, then copy this
> part, rename components and have both units?

Yes!  I did this for my furnace controller.

Make one schematic for one part.  Use my page-renumber script to
create the second page from the first.

Run gsch2pcb with ONLY THE FIRST PAGE.  Lay out the circuit.
Copy-paste the layout to the second circuit, use my :renumberblock
plug-in to renumber it to match the second schematic.  Then re-run
gsch2pcb with both pages, and it should all just work.

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/scale-schematic
http://www.delorie.com/pcb/renumberblock.c