gEDA-user: PCB layout for identical units?

Hello,

I am designing a device which has two identical units, like the
amplifiers in a stereo audio device. Other parts, like power supply
exists only once.

I think I can draw a schematics of one unit, make a copy, rename devices
in that copy and have both units. (The other common parts are contained
in separate schematics.)

If I now use gsch2pcb to generate the initial pcb board, then I have to
do the layout for each of the two identical units.

Is there a way to do the layout for only one unit, then copy this part,
rename components and have both units?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski