Re: gEDA-user: gEDA 1.2.0, opamp-1.sym pin numbers?

Am Samstag, den 22.09.2007, 13:26 -0400 schrieb John Luciani:

> I use op-amps in SOT23-5 and SC70-5 configurations. The most common
> pinout I have seen for the five pin packages is VOUT,V-,+IN,-IN,V+ but I
> would not be surprised if opamp-1.sym was valid.
>
> (* jcl *)

I think that opamp-1.sym will not be compatible with SOT23-5 footprints
-- in TI datasheet of OPA656 pin 1 is output for SOT23 package. Maybe
opamp-1.sym is compatible with SC70-5 configuration, which I have newer
seen.

Or opamp-1.sym and opamp-2.sym are only abstract representations of an
OpAmp, without any relationship to a concrete footprint?

In any case, there seems to be no symbol in gEDA related to an ordinary
OpAmp in DIP8 (or SO8) package.

This may look very strange for new gEDA/pcb users.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski