Re: gEDA-user: gEDA 1.2.0, opamp-1.sym pin numbers?

Am Samstag, den 22.09.2007, 19:45 +0100 schrieb Peter Clifton:

> There are various "heavy" symbols, such as lm741-1.sym.

Indeed, I missed it because these symbols are stored in different
directories:

stefan@AMD64X2 ~/gEDA/DAQ-Board $ locate lm741
/usr/share/gEDA/sym/linear/lm741-1.sym
stefan@AMD64X2 ~/gEDA/DAQ-Board $ locate opamp
/usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/dual-opamp-1.sym
/usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/opamp-1.sym
/usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/opamp-2.sym
/usr/share/gEDA/sym/analog/quad_opamp-1.sym

I still think that a symbol with a general name like opamp should be
related to a general package.

> It is a well known problem though, the mapping between a light symbol
> and a real package is not something which is easily solved.

Yes, I know the discussion about heavy and light symbols. For me this is
not really a problem, I was only confused. Maybe we should store heavy
and light symbols in different locations. (For me it was not obvious
after finding opamp-1.sym (and opamp-2.sym) to search for lm741 to find
an ordinary DIP8 OpAmp).

Best regards

Stefan Salewski