Re: gEDA-user: ngspice simulation with microcontrollers

John Doty wrote:
> On Sep 25, 2007, at 1:03 AM, Amos Tibaldi wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>  I write this mail in order to obtain help if possible for the use
>> of the ngspice simulator. How can I simulate the behaviour of a
>> microcontroller that is present in the schematic of a circuit with
>> ngspice?
>
> Basically, you can't.
>
> What I do in these situations is substitute voltage sources for the
> microcontroller output pins and generate PWL stimuli for them. Put
> probes where the inputs would be, .PRINT those voltages, and use an
> AWK or C program to extract bits from the recorded voltages. Of
> course, that's a one-way data flow: if you really want the
> microcontroller to participate, you can't do it that way.

> Perhaps Al will chime in about gnucap: I suppose you could write some
> sort of plugin that allows the program you'd run in the
> microcontroller to interact in an event-driven way with an analog sim.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use a model of some of the micro's inouts
that is 2-way connected with a math model in Mathomatic, Octave, Mathematica?
For modeling some DSP being done with  the HW multiply in a MSP430 for instance.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX