Re: gEDA-user: ngspice simulation with microcontrollers

Andy Peters wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:
>
>> That can get you closer.  You probably don't want to build a complete
>> model for a microcontroller in verilog to the point of being able
>> to run
>> the same firmware image as the real hardware, but you probably could.
>
> While it's a pretty simple processor, I've simulated designs with
> Xilinx Picoblaze processors including the firmware.  worked well
> enough.  Anything more complex could get slow and ugly.

That's promising.  I'm thinking of just a bit of code that gives
a bitwise accurate model of the datastream, matching to the timing of the analog
model in gnucap as test benches do in logic models.

Just to test out your combination
of sigma delta front end quantizer and numerical filter together, for instance.
for "sensorless" motor control and such.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX