Re: gEDA-user: Auto-enforce DRC clearance (was Arc to line connections)

John Luciani wrote:
> I find it invaluable as well. I also like the "Crosshair shows DRC
> clearance" option.
>
> Those options make it much quicker to layout dense traces.

Auto enforce is close to a "future desired feature" in concept.
I wish for ability to "herd traces" according to design rules.
then you could use a buss layout tool plus some line drawing and via placement
followed by herding them along a wall of "already done" layout, or maybe against
a defined keep out zone also.

That would combine the best speed ability of human judgement with
machine automation of layout for the important zones where autorouters
fall short.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX