Re: gEDA-user: ngspice simulation with microcontrollers

Andy Peters wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:
>

>> That can get you closer.  You probably don't want to build a complete
>> model for a microcontroller in verilog to the point of being able
>> to run
>> the same firmware image as the real hardware, but you probably could.

I've written  functional simulation for various digital logic in the
past (vhdl, but applies to verilog too).  It was just enough code to
excercise the IO, and it was simple to write commands to do writes and
reads then watch as the stuff responded.  Made a great tool for
debugging since the schematic used for simulation was the same as that
used for pcb design.  Now, if the simulator could couple IBIS models and
synchronize the digital and analog simulations - that would be sweet!

gene