Re: gEDA-user: importing EAGLE pcb files

Hi, tj
On 9/4/09, tj <999alfred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you import pcb files created with Eagle pcb software to pcb? I wish
> to build an Arduino single sided microcontroller board and the site has
> is Eagle files.

Generally, no, we can't. Eagle pcb format is somewhat reacher, IIRC
there may be many non-copper layers besides silkscreen, solder mask
and paste, PCB does not support them yet.

If you really want to reproduce an Eagle board with PCB, probably all
you is to output the board into a PNG and use --bg-image option to
route it manually.

Regards,
  Ineiev