Re: gEDA-user: importing EAGLE pcb files

Ineiev wrote:
> Hi, tj
> On 9/4/09, tj <999alfred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Can you import pcb files created with Eagle pcb software to pcb? I wish
>> to build an Arduino single sided microcontroller board and the site has
>> is Eagle files.
>>

> Generally, no, we can't. Eagle pcb format is somewhat reacher, IIRC
> there may be many non-copper layers besides silkscreen, solder mask
> and paste, PCB does not support them yet.
>
> If you really want to reproduce an Eagle board with PCB, probably all
> you is to output the board into a PNG and use --bg-image option to
> route it manually.
>
> Regards,
>   Ineiev

What I really wanted was just get an accurately sized print out for an
etching transfer. Not to "import for change". As it turns out, Eagle has
a freeware "Lite" version. It only allows something like 3.5"x3.5" size
boards. Which, by chance, is larger then the board I wanted. So. I
downloaded EageLite for linux, installed it in my home directory, opened
the .brd file and voila! I was able to print an exact size PCB for dry
transfer. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the suggestions tho. They are filed away in case this
ever pops up on a board thats to big for Eagle Lite.

tj