Re: gEDA-user: importing EAGLE pcb files

Ineiev wrote:
> Hi, tj
> On 9/4/09, tj <999alfred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can you import pcb files created with Eagle pcb software to pcb? I wish
> > to build an Arduino single sided microcontroller board and the site has
> > is Eagle files.
>
> Generally, no, we can't. Eagle pcb format is somewhat reacher, IIRC
> there may be many non-copper layers besides silkscreen, solder mask
> and paste, PCB does not support them yet.
>
> If you really want to reproduce an Eagle board with PCB, probably all
> you is to output the board into a PNG and use --bg-image option to
> route it manually.

You can also try to export layers to PostScript and then import them
using pstoedit (version >= 3.50).

See my manual:
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/pstoedit-pcb/

I am interested in the result and the PostScript file as well. With a
PostScript file generated by Eagle, it may be possible to improve
pstoedit heuristic to generate more useful results (it depends on the
way Eagle uses PostScript language).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec@xxxxxxx
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/