Re: gEDA-user: Disappearing PCB Footprint details

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 15:10 -0400, Tony Radice wrote:
>> Update:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen -
>>     I experimented with the footprints I had developed in a unique
>> directory (/home/comp/pwb_footprints) and had no success with "seeing"
>> them in the pcb tool.
>
> I think most people use gschem2pcb script to populate the pcb board.
>
> To investigate a footprint you may try Menu "Files/Load Element data to
> paste buffer". Or you may try menu "Files/Preferences" to select
> additional directories of footprints. I newer tried this last method,
> but it should work.

After using the "Files/Preferences/Library" dialog, you should create
one or more sub-directories under /home/comp/pwb_footprints and place
your footprints in them. On the footprint selection dialog, the
sub-directories should be visible on the left pane, with the
corresponding footprints on the right pane.

Cesar