Re: gEDA-user: Blind and buried vias?

> I think a side benefit of blind vias, (one side exposed on surface), is they can't wick much solder away
> from a BGA ball.  Is that current practice anyone?

did you mean if vias were directly under the balls?

Normally BGAs are 'dog boned' (a track comes off each ball to a via in
between the balls), I believe this stops the wicking as the vias are
covered with solder resist.  The bottom left pic in the linked image
is the only example that google provided me:

http://wiki.altium.com/download/attachments/5276308/EscapeRoutes.png