Re: gEDA-user: crosshair snaps to pins and pads... on locked component

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:03 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I just can't figure out why can't the "Crosshair snaps to pins/pads" work when
> > the component is locked. As far as I know, locking a component is for to lock
> > the position of the component.
>
> What a coincidence.  We were just discussing that on IRC.
>
> I think snap-to-locked is OK, but I want locked *elements* to be
> ignored.  I have one design that has a big LCD covering up all my
> other parts, it's really hard to edit when every operation tags the
> LCD instead of the parts under it.

May be it's better to have "Position Lock" *and* "Ignore Element" as
different actions.

I have passed trough both situations, and would be great to be able to
use them independently.

Best Regards, Felipe.
--
Felipe De la Puente Christen