Re: gEDA-user: crosshair snaps to pins and pads... on locked component

I just can't figure out why can't the "Crosshair snaps to pins/pads" work when
the component is locked. As far as I know, locking a component is for to lock
the position of the component.
What a coincidence.  We were just discussing that on IRC.

I think snap-to-locked is OK, but I want locked *elements* to be
ignored.  I have one design that has a big LCD covering up all my
other parts, it's really hard to edit when every operation tags the
LCD instead of the parts under it.
How about snapping to pads on the far side? That can get pretty annoying for me. I want to see pads on the other side so I know where I can place vias, but I don't want to snap to them.