Re: gEDA-user: Icarus verilog Synthesis

   Hi,

   Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that Icarus was
   moving towards synthesis capability.

   I have the 0.8.1 Icraus version with me. I have made the source code
   compilable in Visual Studio 2005 though its not fully complete.

   May I know the reason as to why synthesis capability is being dropped ?

   I am really interested in making Icarus synthesizable.

   Here is my idea:

   I transform the Verilog code containing behavioral statements into
   verilog code that contains only gate level instantiations. This is
   passed as input to ABC Logic synthesis tool. Finally the
   output generated by ABC is passed to Versatile Place and Route(VPR)
   program which generates the bitstream.

   Regards,

   Ronald