Re: gEDA-user: PCB format wishlist

On Sep 6, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Ethan Swint wrote:

> Woah... I intended this thread for *what* we want to put in the file format to allow one to easily assign relationships between and characteristics of elements.

The reason you can't is that pcb and its file format aren't well factored. You cannot compose complex data and behaviors from simpler data and behaviors. So any new thing will necessarily be a kludge that solves a single complaint rather than a tool to extend pcb's capabilities.

But maybe, in the discussion of file formats, we can come up with a way to describe a printed circuit board in a clean, well-factored way.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx