Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

Am 08.09.2010 02:08, schrieb Andrew Poelstra:
I'm working on cleaning up the Gtk code - well, refactoring gui-top-window.c,
anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to get things into a top-down sorta structure
that can be easily mapped to C++.

Do you have an open accessible repository of your code (e.g. GitHub)?
I have also some gui-changes in my pipeline (docking windows/elements) and maybe it could be useful to look at changes that are coming.

Plus, I don't have a clear understanding of what "mapped" and "allocated"
and "realized" mean in Gtk terms. Does anyone know of a good overview of
Gtk+?

The official api !? ;)

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWidget.html explains some of the terms you mentioned above.

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/stable/ is the base layer of all gtk stuff. There are more information to find if necessary.

I guess the terms you want to understand are mostly relevant for writing new/own widgets.

Frank.