Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 20:31 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > To get this it would be nice to have stackup information with the
> > layers, 4 layer board with 1oz copper on the outside and .5oz on the
> > inside.  etc.....
>
> I think we decided at some point in the past that the layer *group*
> order would be our stackup order, but more information needs to be
> added to make it complete.  Attributes, probably.  And a GUI option to
> make it all user-friendly so they're less likely to do the wrong thing
> with it and complain when it doesn't work.

This works well for the 3D view in the GL branch. Obviously copper
thicknesses and inter-layer build-up details would help to add realism.

Our default layer stack is pretty poor for 3D though.. since most of the
"inner" layers are defined after the two outer layers ;)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,