Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 03:45:18PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Interesting thought - for buried vias, the "top" and "bottom" layers
> correspond to inner physical layers, yet they need to be treated
> differently as the annulus often needs to be bigger on layers where
> the trace connects.  So an internal "buried via" element, before it's
> placed, is not like other elements...

Worse, vias may be connected to from more than two layers. I suspect
that "via" will need to be a special element type, with two different
footprints (a "big" one and "little" one).

Should we require vias to only appear on consecutive layers? How do
we handle two separate buried vias on top of each other?

Andrew