Re: gEDA-user: foreign graphics overlay

> There are screen shots two in Chitlesh's page on fedora.org:
>  http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/gallery.html

Thank you.

> What does the tope GUI differently to Peter Cliftons semi forked
> version of pcb?

I've not run Peter's version so can't really comment.  I'm all to
slowly poking at a version of PCB written in wxWidgets, and the tope
project is a good place for example OpenGL code as used in wxWidgets.

> What is the benefit of plug-ins for this kind of infrastructure?
> IMHO, support of different image formats should be part of the
> main distribution.

Someone, some place, in the future will want to support something that
none of us have ever heard of today.
If there is a easy, well documented, Plug-In system, then they can
implement what they need without having to figure out the internals of
PCB.

Also Plug-Ins make it harder for various sections of code to interact,
by design, to give a better separation of concerns.
"The Humble Dialog Box" paper might explain it a bit better than I'm doing.
 http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/TheHumbleDialogBox.pdf

As that paper deals some with testing, I thought I'd mention that
James Grenning is giving a three day presentation on Test Driven
Development in Cleveland the week after Thanksgiving for anyone in the
area (is there anyone in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland area beside me?).

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/