Re: gEDA-user: new footprint guidelines

Just 10 minutes ago I had my 1st talk with my first assembly house.
Guess what! I'm asked to provide rotation data.
In the other mail I'm currently editing, I'm trying to provide definitions on
where X- and Y-axis is on a part, including where X+ is on mechanically
doubly symmetrical polar parts etc.

As of now, I'll probably have to check/provide every angle by hand,
but for future footprints, the definitions have to be absolutely clear.
If there are contradictory standards, we will have to opt for one.

As Rick said, they are able to adapt to any coordinate system, but at
least the designer must know, what he means himself ;-)

Regards, Armin

Rick Collins wrote:
I am curious about the reasoning for picking values of design rules. I have not found the assembly houses to be very useful for this sort of info. They seem to be willing to work with whatever they are sent and will only give feedback when something causes real trouble for them.