Re: gEDA-user: Zero length pins

John Doty wrote:

> Appending the following line to your .sym file will get you started:
>
> P 100 100 100 100 1 0 0

Nice. I added this to the wiki.
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#is_it_possible_to_have_zero_length_pins

> Unattached, it looks like a little red flag, while with a net
> attached it disappears. Gnetlist has no trouble treating it as a pin.

With your permission, I used these two sentences unaltered.

> and thereby gaining unusual flexibility. Genius.

So flexible, that it can't deal properly with µ and ?, let alone
right to left scripting, or Chinese. Multi line text cannot be
centered or flushed to the right. Ellipses are impossible, lines
bear no thickness. Color space is limited to a whooping 19. The
mark at the active end of a pin relies purely on color. This
leaves those with color blindness in the dark.

The flexibility you praise, is very narrowly defined.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: