Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist -g drc2 and pintype

kai-martin knaak wrote:

>> The "unconnected pins" can be left unconnected, how can I make it
>> accept that?
>
> I don't know. I put my own nc.sym at pins that are deliberately not
> connected. This symbol contains just one pin and no net. However,
> DRC still complains, because the generated net is connected to
> only one pin.
>
> How about a special net "no_net" to deal with this situation?
> This net would be ignored for generation of the net list.

Update: There are already not-connected symbols in the default
library. The following symbols live in the misc department:
	nc-bottom-1.sym
	nc-top-1.sym
	nc-right-1.sym
	nc-left.sym
The drc2 backend ignores them and does not throw errors, or
warnings. The magic is achieved by:
	device=DRC_Directive
	value=NoConnection
	graphical=1

I combined this magic with the zero pin size trick John D.
told about in the other thread, to get a simplified nc-symbol.
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/symbols/power/nc.sym

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak