Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Change default file-filter in open-dialog

Felix Ruoff wrote:

> My idea is to store the filter from last using of the dialog and use
> this filter again.

+1.
I was about to suggest this kind of automatic adaption to user
preferences, when I read your mail :-)

> The filter at the first launch of pcb after the
> installation should be 'show all files' as you suggested.

I'd say, the default should be *.pcb + *.fp . These are by far the most
likely files you'd want to load.

By the way: The "save_buffer_to_file" dialog currently suggests to save
to the the layout name. This is almost never a sensible choice for me.
If I do footprints, I'd like to save them as *.fp . And if I want to
save parts of the layout, I don't want to overwrite the current pcb
file.
If there is just one footprint in the buffer, the dialog should suggest
its name as the name to save to. This would fit perfectly for footprint
generation.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak