Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Change default file-filter in open-dialog

Hi Felix,

Commit message says it all:

Author: Bert Timmerman <bert.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx>  2009-03-31 22:33:02
Committer: Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  2009-08-05 08:06:21
Parent: 3b2a77744f50a33bb1507aa8062c51e0934a5b89 (Replace 'README.cvs' with
'README.git'. [2810417])
Child:  e2c5002166158dab7cf43d4745b594e510056071 (Correction of the pcb
homepage url in the about dialog window.)
Branches: master, remotes/origin/master, remotes/origin/pcb-20091103,
remotes/origin/sdb-playpen
Follows: pcb-20081128-base
Precedes: pcb-20091103-RELEASE

    Apply filters to load filechooser dialogs. [1988982] [2686963]

    Applies filters to the filechooser dialogs when loading layouts,
    layouts (to buffer), elements (to buffer) and netlists.

    Default behaviour is to not filter in the filechooser dialog.
    Choosing a predefined filefilter in the filechooser dialog filters
    on registered mime types, lowercase and uppercase file extensions.
    Predefined filters are selected upon the action chosen in the "File"
    pulldown menu.

IMHO, being able to see *all* available files in a directory listed at
startup of the dialog, and not have been restricted in my view by the GUI,
still is a good thing.

In making GUI design decisions it is difficult to please all possible users.

Maybe make this configurable ?

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman