Re: gEDA-user: gschem vs. PCB diode pin numbering

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 08:37:59PM -0600, John Doty wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:12 PM, Dan McMahill wrote:
>
> > This problem goes beyond diodes and transistors.  For example, the old
> > 10H series of ECL parts came both in DIP packages as well as PLCC
> > packages.  Some of the parts though, would be in a 16 pin DIP or a 20
> > pin PLCC and so the pin numbers didn't agree between the two packages.
>
> Yep. I recently got bit by this with the LT1078 opamp (different pinouts in DIP8 and SO8).

I've used the LT1013 (since 1993 or so) which has the same "feature".

Linear Technology originally (early 90s) claimed that this was because
they had to rotate the die when fitting it into the SO8 package.

I distincly remember having to create a special symbol under OrCAD
to have the right pinout for this device.

	Gabriel