Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

> Why are you all looking for an algorithm? Since pcb warns, it
> _already_ found the short. So the algorithm is already in place and
> is working fine.

It hasn't found a short, it has found that two nets are connected
which shouldn't be.  Subtle difference, but it's a big deal when
you're trying to fix it.

> The warning message should also include the exact location of the
> (already) found error.

Finding the exact (or even best) location is what we're trying to
figure out.  PCB's algorithm doesn't find the location, only the
change in connectivity.  The spot it chooses to "tag" the short rarely
has anything to do with the spot that actually caused it.