Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 07:15:05AM +1000, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> > A similar solution in PCB would be neat. if VCC and GND are shorted,
> > pick a random GND pin and a random VCC pin. Find a path between them
> > and show it as a orange dotted line. This could later be extended to
> > find either the shortest orange dotted line, or the point on the board
> > where several such lines meet.
>
> Yes, plenty of possible algorithms - the one that I though of was:

Why are you all looking for an algorithm? Since pcb warns, it _already_
found the short. So the algorithm is already in place and is working fine.

The problem here seems to be that the warning message is less-than-optimal.
The warning message should also include the exact location of the (already)
found error.