Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

I don't know if this will help or not, but here goes...

I've never used net highlighting in PCB before, but I had a similar
problem in an ASIC designed using Cadence's Virtuoso layout editor.  I
ultimately tracked it down using the "highlight trace" feature of the
program, which included the nifty feature (since highlighting millions
of traces can take some time) of allowing me to escape out of it
partially through the operation, leaving the nets it had traced out
highlighted.

With that feature I was able to narrow the short down to a particular
corner of the design, and then through brute force (highlight net...
ESCAPE!, see if both vdd & gnd were shorted, repeat) narrow things
down to the point that I could trace out the highlighted nets manually
and see the short.

--wpd