Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

> wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell a polygon that it belongs to
> a net and the have the thermals that disagree highlighted?

Yes, it would :-)

I thought of an idea for a plugin... starting with each pin/pad, trace
connections back to the next intersection (rather than blindly finding
the *whole* connectivity).  Then, check each intersection - if nets
disagree, that's the short.  If they agree, continue tracing back to
the next intersection, etc.

If you trace back to a polygon, keep a count of how many of each net
touches each polygon (i.e. don't trace *through* a polygon).  If they
agree, that polygon is OK.  If not, the most popular one is OK and the
rest are shorts.

I think the code in djopt.c has most of what you need, it just doesn't
know about polygons yet.