Re: gEDA-user: Tearoffs on popup menu in pcb?

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 02:28 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> The list of tools reminds me of the pecularity of the main tool
> button area. Its 3x4-1 placement is quite un-ergonomic. The group
> of tools does not lend itself to any natural order. When an item is
> added, many buttons change position. What was on the bottom right
> might end up in the bottom left, etc. We had this recently, when
> the hole tool was added. This caused me to do quite a number of
> mis-clicks.

Have you ever tried the mode "Preferences"->"Alternate window layout to
allow smaller vertical size"?

That mode moves the tool buttons underneath the menu-bar in a row,
perhaps that is closer to what you were looking for. I just happened to
commit a fix to the theming of that area, and vaguely recalled someone
(might have been you?) asking about having the tool buttons on a
tool-bar.

One of the better(?) hidden features in PCB ;)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,