gEDA-user: Wire-only Symbols - Netlist problems

Hi all,

I'm using gschem, gnetlist and ngspice to simulate some aspects of my
research work. I am using a technique called Bond - graph modelling
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_graph), which some of you may be
familiar with.

I have creating symbols for all the elements I require, which are
implemented either
1. using subcircuits with standard SPICE syntax (R, C, L, Voltage and
Current sources, etc)
2. Underlying schematics (*.sch files) referenced using the "source=" attribute.

Now the problem I have run into is as follows. Two of the symbols that
I require are only wires. These symbols and the required schematics
are as follows:
http://imgur.com/a/1jYe8#vpaed

When i run the netlister, none of the connections show up in the
netlist. It is as if the junction device doesn't exist. If i use off
page connectors with attributes like "net=a1:1" then only one of the
internal connections reflects in the netlist. The only thing that
works is using Zero-ohm resistors, but then SPICE complains about
algebraic loops.

I'm sure I'm doing something really really wrong and/or stupid and
I've been tearing my hair out for the past week now, so any help and
guidance would really be appreciated. Also, please forgive me if i
sound incoherent and unclear - I will clarify with more info if
needed...

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

~Abhijit