Re: gEDA-user: time for a pcb release cycle?

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 10:42 +0200, Kovacs Levente wrote:
> Each time I save my layout, a message appears: "layout changed. Do you
> want to load it?" or something like that.
>
> Brrrrrr.... well of couse it changed! I saved it! :-) Ok, I know it is a good
> feature...

Yes - it turns out that my code here is very buggy. I'm working on a
fix, but it turns out that there are some quite subtle things going on.

Disconnecting the file-watch before save, then re-connecting it after
doesn't even work (sometimes), as for some reason - after having used
the GTK file-selector dialog to pick a file-name, the file-watch code
will report events from changes on disk BEFORE you hooked it up.

(Adding sync() and sleep(1) after the write to disk doesn't help, so I'm
presuming it isn't just a race bug).

Peter.