Re: gEDA-user: cygwin geda tools

   On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Colin D Bennett <[1]colin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:12:26 +0100
   "BAXENDALE P.R." <[2]peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > I've built a cygwin version of geda/gaf 1.6.2 and pcb and combined
   it,
   > rather crudely, with the necessary cygwin bits to make it easy
   > to install on a Windows PC. It's really intended for my students to
   use,

     [3]http://www.dur.ac.uk/peter.baxendale/stuff/gEDA/ in

   > case anybody finds it useful. It seems to work here, but hasn't been
   > through the real test (the students) yet.

     That's great!  How coincidental that I just opened up my mail
     client to post to the list about how I could not find a Windows
     build of gEDA!
     I want to recommend gEDA to colleagues and online contacts, but
     unless I can point them to a one-click Windows download, gEDA won't
     be considered -- it'll surely be KiCad or (grimace) EAGLE.

   Might I mention, that's it's rather important to support other non-*nix
   platforms. Even though some platforms might be less appealing to
   developers here, the User still comes first.  I noticed that the Mac is
   also supported, but it's practically a given since it's basically uinx
   underneath.
   We shouldn't disparage the user as we do with other platforms -
   although we do try to "bring them over" in many cases. But I like to
   say that we another recruit  - user - in our group here that recently
   started using gEDA with Linux anyway.
   =Dan.