Re: gEDA-user: cygwin geda tools

   On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   > That's great!  How coincidental that I just opened up my mail
   > client to post to the list about how I could not find a Windows
   > build of gEDA!
   >
   > I want to recommend gEDA to colleagues and online contacts, but
   > unless I can point them to a one-click Windows download, gEDA won't
   > be considered -- it'll surely be KiCad or (grimace) EAGLE.

     You didn't notice my posting last week about my nightly
     geda-for-windows builds?  Or that a big part of the upcoming pcb
     release is a windows installer?
     Sigh.
     [2]http://www.delorie.com/pcb/geda-windows/

   DJ,
   I haven't checked each post from all threads, so I missed this. But all
   us here use the Linux version anyway. But I would think to look at the
   main site, [3]www.gpleda.org,  for any kind of announcements since some
   of us here  -- and others who are not yet on this mailing list yet --
   missed your post here.
   I don't mean to begrudge the point, but the main site hasn't been
   updated since Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:43:03 PM
   I do see that the documentation webpage [4]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/
   has been updated today -- but it sure helps to post a small little
   blurb on the main site to direct anyone.
   On other small thing, why are the links split across a couple of
   websites for the same project ? I'm not talking about the sourceforge
   or launchpad links, but instead the [5]geda.seul.org. The wiki could be
   hosted on the same site. It just makes better sense to have one focal
   point of information when it comes to supporting a project - that's
   including some of the valuable information from other contributors,
   beginning with yours and many others. It reduces the clicks and google
   searches. Is it a matter of website storage or something else ?
   =Dan