Re: gEDA-user: New gtk menu system

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> Here is some visual feedback. It brightens the swatches when
> the mouse is over the row, a little bit. Let me know what you
> think of it.

This feedback is in git-head now. However, it is a very subtle effect.
Much too suptle for my taste. I can hardly tell the difference, if the
mouse is at rest. Compare this to the strong optical feeedback the
traditional layer buttons provided: A frame colored in GTKs select
color combined with an inverted font color. You can easily spot the
button, the mouse is over, even on a black&white screenshot.

IMHO, an increase in size would work better - Much like many desktop
manager do, when they prelight icons on mouse-over. Best would be
a changed background. (Did I understand you correctly, that this can't
be done easily with the chosen widget?)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak, Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx