Re: gEDA-user: windows testers wanted

   Using HP G72 notebook, intel I3, Intel graphics

   On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     We're trying to track down the zoom bug.  If you have access to a
     windows machine, please try this PCB snapshot:
      [2]ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/geda-windows/snapshots/pcb-20110915-dj
     .exe
     The key thing we're trying to find out is if the "zoom bug" is
     XP-specific and/or hardware-specific.  Please try zooming and report
     back:
     * Version of Windows (xp, vista, 7; 32 vs 64 bit) and mouse type

   Windows 7, 64 bit, Logitech optical mouse (LX3)

     * Whether Z/z keys work, and if you have to first click in the work
      area to get them to work

   Works fine without clicking first

     * Whether your mouse scroll wheel zooms (if you have a real scroll
     wheel)

   scrolls fine

     * If zoom/pan "bars" on your trackpad work (and if it's synaptics -
     we
      know that's broken)

   pans w/ right mouse button.   Has a synaptics pad, but no scroll
   bars so N/A.  Pad works like mouse (pan, etc. ok)

     * If zooming doesn't work, can you still zoom in via the menu
      (remember to click on the pcb after choosing this) and pan with the
      scrollbars?

   Zooms fine from menu
   One observation.  On first run after install, the board outline is
   centered well past the upper left corner of viewport.  Appears to be
   scaled correctly.  Only about 1 cm^2 was accessible until I zoomed and
   panned it to the center.
   Joe T

     Thanks!
     DJ