Re: gEDA-user: help with pcb dsn plugin

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I assume there are PCB devs that prefer the gnu style?
>
> 1. I prefer GNU style.  Emacs automatically does this style when
>   coding, too.

Good enough.  Note that Emacs automatically does whatever style you
tell it to, including the linux kernel style.  The default is just
gnu, because, well, it's a gnu program.  A quick ctrl-c . and you are
writing in a different style.

> 2. GNU style seems to be popular elsewhere too, which reduces the
>   learning curve for many new developers

I'm sure you've seen a lot more code than I have, but from my own
experience it's only projects with a code base 10 something years old
or more that use it.  Most newer code I've seen, especially in
academia, use something more like the linux kernel style.  Maybe it's
just the circles I code in.  I'm personally not a fan of the gnu
style, but don't go as far as Linus to think that people should print
it out and burn it. :)  I just don't think it looks aesthetically
pleasing and find it difficult to read, but probably just because I'm
used to the other style.

Jared