Re: gEDA-user: windows testers wanted

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 03:01 +0300, Hannu Vuolasaho wrote:

> With 10mil/px  I got red screen and then used scrollbars to pan out of
> there. Did it zoom right? Nanometer bug? +/- 20% don't work. I believe
> all more views and zooms work from menu.

Can you confirm that other menu items (e.g. File->Load layout) work
correctly?

As for the z / Z shortcuts, could you

1) Describe where those keys are on your keyboard?
   Are they the non-shifted, and shifted versions of the same physical
button?
   Do you have to hold any other modifier keys?

2) Could you try turning off "text-services" in windows?

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306993

To turn text services on or off (using Classic view in Control Panel):

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
     1. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
     2. Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
     3. To turn text services off, select the Turn off advanced text services check box.
     4. To turn text services on, clear the check box.
     5. Click Yes if you are prompted to confirm your selection.
     6. Notes:
        Use this procedure to turn off handwriting recognition, speech
        recognition, and some accessibility features temporarily. These
        services can affect performance, and if you are not using them
        with your current program, you can turn them off temporarily.
      * If you are not using a text service at all, you should remove it.
      * Turning off text services does not affect multiple languages or
        keyboards that you have added under Installed services in the
        Text Services and Input Languages dialog box.

I'm looking to figure out whether something is blocking your short-cuts
(like a hidden or transparent IME window or something like that).

Do other keyboard shortcuts work? - For example, does typing ":" bring
up a command window - either in the status bar area of PCB, or as a
separate window?

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton