Re: gEDA-user: windows testers wanted

> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:18:23 -0400
> From: graceindustries@xxxxxxxxx
> To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: gEDA-user: windows testers wanted
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > We're trying to track down the zoom bug.  If you have access to a
> > windows machine, please try this PCB snapshot:
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/geda-windows/snapshots/pcb-20110915-dj.exe
> >
> > The key thing we're trying to find out is if the "zoom bug" is
> > XP-specific and/or hardware-specific.  Please try zooming and report
> > back:
> >
> > * Version of Windows (xp, vista, 7; 32 vs 64 bit) and mouse type
>
> XP SP2 x32. Microsoft mouse with scrool wheel, and IBM TrackPoint
> keyboard with pad/point.

XP SP3 32-bit. Home. HP pavilion laptop (old Athlon XP CPU) Logitech MX 518 Optical, USB and trackpad. Tried tracpad on and off.

Win7 Ultimate 32-bit. Same machine. Don't ask why one program requires XP...

> > * Whether Z/z keys work
>
> Yes.

XP : No.
Win 7: No

> > and if you have to first click in the work
> >  area to get them to work
XP: Click Click ZZZzzzz scrrrrrroll click click... Nothing happens. Not even load rise.
Win 7: Nothing.

> No.
>
> > * Whether your mouse scroll wheel zooms (if you have a real scroll wheel)
>
> Worked.

XP: Didn't. :(
Win 7: Not working.

> > * If zoom/pan "bars" on your trackpad work (and if it's synaptics - we
> >  know that's broken)
>
> I can pan. Can't seem to do any zooming from the pad.
XP: Nope. Taking trackpad over scrollbar and then panning from pan bar I can pan.
Win 7: No.

> > * If zooming doesn't work, can you still zoom in via the menu
> >  (remember to click on the pcb after choosing this) and pan with the
> >  scrollbars?
>
> Did not notice any issues.

With 10mil/px  I got red screen and then used scrollbars to pan out of there. Did it zoom right? Nanometer bug? +/- 20% don't work. I believe all more views and zooms work from menu.

Installer is 20110915-dj but I don't understand the differences in results.

BR,
Hannu Vuolasaho