Re: GraphThing 1.3 released!

On 9/11/06, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Symonds <dsymonds@xxxxxxxxx> (06/09/2006):
> Thanks for your patience, all. Post here if you have any problems with
> it.
Are suggestions welcome? I guess so. :-)

Of course! They're all greatly appreciated!

First: good news.

Some friends of mine are setting up a complete dak on their box, and I'm
allowed to upload there. So new Debian package are available for sid
(unstable), architecture i386. I also built them successfully on sid,
architecture powerpc without problems. We still need some time to see
how to deal with multi-arch packages.

Okay, I have no idea what a "complete dak" is, but it sounds useful...

Users can fetch the package adding this to their /etc/apt/sources.list:
  deb ftp://debian.asyd.net/ sid main
  deb-src ftp://debian.asyd.net/ sid main

then update the package list, and install ``graphthing''. (Current: 1.3)

I'll provide you with a webpage you can link to in some time, which will
summarize what to do, etc.

Great, will be awaiting that!

Here are some suggestions:
 - adding license/copyright headers to source files. That'll ease these
   kind of checks for: everyone, and also ftpmasters (the real ones on
   debian.org are intransigeant on that kind of things) and I really
   would like to see it included in Debian soon;

The GNU GPL 'COPYING' file is already included in the source tarballs; is it really necessary to have a big block of text at the start of all 42 source files in GraphThing?

- the manpage, but you already know about that;

Yep, I'm working on it right now!

- fix 32/64 bits issue, as described below.

I think I've fixed that one problem. I'll try to make a 1.3.1 release soon-ish with all these tweaks rolled in.

Thanks greatly for the reporting!

Dave.