Re: Sketches for a logo

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Stefan Rieken wrote:

> I only just realized, that such a flying penguin could be used in a more
> "scalable" way: imagine an iceberg full of penguins, all standing in the
> same direction, looking at that one penguin that flies away from them,
> into the sun. Not very good for a logo (too much to see), but great for
> promotional material, and focussing on this Independence spirit you talk
> about. And for a logo we could "cut out" the penguin alone, it could
> look something like number 4.

I like that. Makes us different, standoutish(?), bold and independent.

> Reactions to other reactions (to keep the ball rolling):
>
> David Webster thought that the half-mast Windows flag was a good
> concept. I hope he was joking :-) When we only poke fun out of Windows,
> nobody would take us serious (except for some Microsoft lawyers, maybe).
> OK, now for a cheap cartoon, this could've been something, but for the
> Indy logo, nah.

Yep I liked the idea in a general sense, but don't tihnk it'd be suitable
for a logo.

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/