Re: shared file

Stephanie Lockwood wrote:

> > Files belongig to two RPMs at the same time.
> >
> > Normally a file must belong to only one RPM (to avoid a package
> > overwriting files belonging to another one) but you can make files common
> > to more than one RPM provided the RPMs are built from the same SRPM
> Thanks, now it makes sense.
>
> So, we're going to stay away from the static linked KDE/gnome apps,
> people will just have to run them in their native desktop.
> I believe it is safe to assume that most of our users will be deciding to pick
> up _either_ KDE or gnome (it tends to be developers and a few other
> hard core linux users who would bother to get both), and if they cannot
> "mix 'n match" at all this could be a very important decision, more than
> just the look and feel stuff: a user's satisfaction could be highly influenced
> by whether they pick the desktop that has the stronger applications available
> for their particular areas of interest.
>
> I propose that an in-depth article for the users comparing Gnome and KDE
> should go on the TODO list under writing tasks. Unfortunately I am not going
> to volunteer to do this task myself; I am not too much into desktops myself,
> nor am I into writing software reviews at all.

But I am.  It is very pleasant to spend your life running KDE and Gnome
apps
together on either desktop.  ( well just KDE now since Gnome doesn't
work
for me ).  I'll write it :)

No need for it to go into the to-do list.  It will give me a few nights
of
extra work ( Today was 1st day of school and it was a blast .... furnace
:)

> Another comment on the TODO list, with the opposite aim of taking something
> off the queue :v)
>
> What was that about fixing the lilo rpm?
> It's under non-programming jobs, but I don't understand how you can add
> a help screen to lilo merely by repackaging.
> Miscategorization, or am I missing something here?

Some of us think RPM building is extreamly dificult :)
--
"So let me get this straight," one IBM lawyer said.
"We're doing a deal with . . . a Web site?"