Re: shared file

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> > On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
> >
> > > FYI, GNOME weren't joking when they said they were getting a lot of
> > > ideas from the KDE project. THeir config file formats , and even their
> > > components (eg their panel) seem awfully similar.
> >
> > Yeah. I always get a nice laugh when people say KDE is a windows clone,
> > and that's why they use GNOME :-)
> >

> There are many people thinking using user hostile software and
> recompiling kernels make them real hackers so they despise KDE and the
> easy Linux distributions.
>
> Like this one who told once "I use the S... distribution because
> R... is too easy for people like me".
>
> I replied with a list of a people who was using R...: about everyone
> in the Linux kernel iron guard and the Penguin Maximus Imperator
> (Linus) in person.  Then I asked him how he feeled to be better than
> them.  I wonder why he didn't reply.  :-)
>
> Names of distributions have been withheld to protect the inocent. :-)

I use R... on My systems because it runs easily on both Alpha and i386
and I have better things to do with my time than configure every little
detail.  I installed C... for my wife until she is comfortable enough to
get R... also.

Name of person quoted withheld to protect the Guilty :)
--
"So let me get this straight," one IBM lawyer said.
"We're doing a deal with . . . a Web site?"